Pasta is one of my weaknesses. I would literally order pasta when I go out to eat every single time if it didn’t mean I’d be taking in my caloric intake for the day in ONE meal. So I usually just try to divert my eyes from the pasta options on the menu… and anyways, I love cooking it at home when I’m in need of a full-carby dinner!
I try to keep my pantry stocked with all different types of pasta, and I love making it from scratch too, but this recipe uses the store-bought stuff, which can be just as good!
I found this recipe on HelloFresh’s website. If you don’t know, HelloFresh is one of those food delivery services that ships fresh food to your door — and everything is pre-measured out for you. It saves one of the most time-consuming parts of cooking, and the website gives you easy-to-follow recipe instructions that can help anyone become a great cook.
I found this Roasted Eggplant & Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta recipe, and it intrigued me.
- Like I said, I am a HUGE pasta fan,
- Sun-dried tomatoes are the sh*t, AND
- I’ve never cooked with eggplant before!
I’ve only really ever had eggplant at a favorite restaurant in Robertsdale (Ivey’s), and they fry ‘em up… and they’re delicious that way. Buuuut, in this recipe, I slice the eggplant into ½ inch cubes, and bake it. Then, it’s added to the tomato pasta sauce and tossed with the linguine noodles.Talk about delicious! It was a GREAT combo. I loved the simple sun-dried tomato (and diced tomato) sauce, and the eggplant helped give some texture, so it’s not like you’re just munching on noodles — there’s some veggies in there, ok!? So, even if it’s a pasta dish, I don’t feel so guilty!
So, from today (March 14) until March 28th, I am helping host a giveaway for $500 worth of HelloFresh products. $500 will get you a ton of HelloFresh boxes, and you can choose how to spend it. They have three separate options, and you can view them here. There are several ways to enter, as we have several bloggers participating, and it’s a great way to save on food cost AND time in the grocery store! The giveaway is for US readers only, but all you folks outside the US can still cook and enjoy the recipe! :)
Enter the giveaway below the recipe (jump there), and visit the other blogger participants’ sites for some awesome recipes:
Seduction Meals | The Emotional Baker | The Merchant Baker | No Spoon Necessary
The Rustic Willow | Leelalicious | Seasonal Cravings | The Gingham Apron | Tasty Ever After
The Skinny Pot | A Savory Feast | Kiwi and Carrot | Majorly Delicious
Jar of Lemons | Sustaining the Powers | Beer Girl Cooks | Cake ‘N Knife
The Speckled Palate | The Secret Ingredient Is | Gift of Gab | Wetherills Say I Do
Kitchen of Eatin’ | Bessie Bakes | Jeannie’s Tried and True Recipes | Butcher’s Niche
Avocado Pesto | Natasha Red | 2 Cookin’ Mamas | Two Sisters Kitchens
Feast and West | Kim’s Cravings | Brunch N Bites | Twin Stripe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil.
- In a large bowl, toss eggplant with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to baking sheet. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until soft and slightly crispy around the edges.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-heat. Add garlic, onion, sun-dried tomato, and chili flakes (I used two pinches) and cook about 5 minutes until onion is softened.
- Add can of tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil pasta until al dente and drain excess water.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the eggplant and the cooked pasta.
- Serve on plates and drizzle with parsley (and/or) Parmesan.
- The original recipe didn't include Parmesan, but what's pasta without Parmesan!? ;)
Find That Square Plate on social media:
Facebook · Instagram · Twitter · Foodspotting · Tumblr · E-mail
Be sure to subscribe to receive a
Excited to share another awesome project that includes one of my recipes! This is The Great Big Book of Green Smoothies that's just gone on sale for only $5. It features over 40 Green Smoothie easy-to-follow recipes from some of the web's best food bloggers, and a picture to go along with each.
Click the picture to find out more!
View my other e-books HERE.