And MOST of the time, I could eat some badass pasta. (well probably all of the time, but who’s counting).
Anyways, here, I decided to make that pasta… that dream pasta.
I didn’t want to go to the grocery store, but I had a bunch of yummy ingredients all on hand.. So I pretty much added them all here.
Everyone knows I’m a seafood lover, and I love having crab in the fridge to throw into random dishes — who ever complained about having crab in dinner? And crab in pasta?! Perfection.
So I pretty much gathered all of my favorite things I could see, prepped ‘em, then added it all to a pasta sauce.
IT WAS BANGIN.
There was enough crab to get into just about every bite, but the perfect bite consisted of it ALL. The sauce was a creamy white wine sauce, and some fresh herbs were thrown in at the end and swirled with some butter.
I added the salty prosciutto at the end to keep it crisp, and topped with some more fresh herbs and Parmesan. I don’t cook pasta too often for myself, but it’s absolutely a favorite. And this one was in my top 5 I’ve ever made.
Feel free to make substitutions with YOUR favorite ingredients, but here I literally used about all my regulars in my pantry. It ought to be called Whitney’s Pantry Pasta… but I’m kinda thinking about SEO here (ha!).
Anyways, enjoy my dream pasta, and get inspired to make your own!
What would be in your dream pasta??
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Saute prosciutto slices in oil until crisp (about 4-5 minutes). Transfer to paper towels.
- Add 1 more tablespoon oil to pan and let it heat back up. Add shallots and capers and cook 2 minutes, until shallots soften. Add sundried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Add wine and lower heat to medium. Cook for 1 minute. Add cream, and flour and stir. Cook 2 minutes. It should thicken up a little bit.
- Add noodles and Parmesan and stir together. Lower heat and add lemon juice and butter until its melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the prosciutto, crabmeat and (most of the) herbs. Toss it all together and transfer to serving plates. Garnish with any extra herbs, Parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Find That Square Plate on social media:
Facebook · Instagram · Twitter · Foodspotting · Tumblr · E-mail
Be sure to subscribe to receive a
Excited to share another awesome project that includes one of my recipes! This is The Great Big Book of Green Smoothies that's just gone on sale for only $5. It features over 40 Green Smoothie easy-to-follow recipes from some of the web's best food bloggers, and a picture to go along with each.
Click the picture to find out more!
View my other e-books HERE.